Updated March 16, 2020
The health and safety of our patrons and staff are of utmost importance. After a great deal of consideration, the Park District will be temporarily closing our facilities to the public, beginning tomorrow, March 17th until March 30th. All memberships will be suspended and no payments will be taken. This is a difficult decision for any organization and we do not make it lightly.
For group exercise, small group, and anyone interested. we will be setting up classes on an online platform. Please check our website and facebook for class updates and information about your favorite instructors. We will work hard to help keep fitness a part of your daily routine.
We are also organizing a drive, in conjunction with our other local agencies, to collect items for our most vulnerable citizens. Food, basic staples, toiletries, and other necessities. Please consider helping us support our community.
Thank you for your support and stay healthy and safe
Updated March 13, 2020
The Burbank Park District has taken steps to comply with the recommended mitigation strategies for community transmission of COVID-19, provided by out local public health district. Additionally, we have suspended programs to align our strategy with the actions of our local school districts.
- Preschool classes are suspended until April 6th
- Beginning Monday, March 16th, all programs are suspended (excluding group exercise classes at Fusion), until April 6th
- Effective immediately, Kid Zone hours have been suspended
- Effective immediately, Open Gym Quick Pass hours have been canceled
- Beginning Monday, March 16th, all rentals will be canceled, suspended, or rescheduled until April 6th
- Spring Break Camp, beginning March 30th – April 3rd, has been canceled
- The following Group Exercise classes have been canceled: Zumba Gold, Chair Yoga, and Stretch & Flex
- Group Exercise classes will be modified to increase social distancing: several classes will be moved to the gymnasium (Yoga/Spinning), allotted attendance numbers may be modified (Spinning/Cycle/Treadmill/Boxing) based on space
Updated March 12, 2020
The Burbank Park District Board of Commissioners and Leadership Team are taking preventative measures to provide the safest conditions for our guests and staff. We will continue to collaborate with local and regional health agencies to determine the best course of action.
Current measures to enhance the safety of our facilities, protect our staff, and inform patrons of their role include:
In the meantime, we advise staff and patrons to stay home when they are sick. Additionally, any children who are sick should refrain from use of Kid Zone and should avoid coming to open gym and kid’s recreational programming. Staff, patrons, and children should wash their hands frequently with soap and warm water and cover their coughs and sneezes using the arm shield method.
We are relying on health experts to provide us with guidance going forward, and depending upon the direction, will adapt our approach as necessary. For additional information about how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
The safety of our patrons and staff has always been our highest priority, and we are taking these steps to keep our facilities clean and our guests healthy.